Hola Chicas/Chicos...Here's a delightful treat for your O'Natural tresses. It's a protein treatment using Coconut Milk, and just like it sounds, it's O'So Good for your hair. So, instead of buying a high end commercial product to strengthen your hair, here's an all natural treatment that's inexpensive and easy to do. I do this treatment at least once every 2 or 3 months. If you use a lot of heat, have color treated hair (chemically colored, not henna) other chemical treatments or other situations that has caused your hair to be highly porous, it is especially important to do this treatment at least twice per month. You can also add Coconut Milk to your deep conditioning treatments to add extra benefits, or combine it with carrier oils ( Castor, Olive, Grapeseed, Jojoba) and add a few drops of Neem Oil and Tea Tree Oil to create a stimulating scalp massage that combats dandruff or dry scalp. Now an important factor to keep in mind, the results may not be the same as using products that contain hydrolyzed proteins due to the processing method and their capability to penetrate the hair shaft. However, those type of proteins do contain MSG, so I've decided to stay away from them after recently researching the scoop on ingredients.
What You'll Need:
- 1 can of Organic Coconut Milk
- 4 TBSP of Raw Honey (remember, raw honey is the most beneficial because you get all of the raw nutrients.
- 4 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBSP of amla oil (optional).. Available here: Henna Sooq
Coconut Milk Protein Treatment:
- Mix ingredients and carefully pour mixture onto dry unwashed hair.
- Cover with plastic cap for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Rinse mixture and shampoo/condition as usual.
- Final Rinse using cool water and ACV
Benefits of Protein Treatment:
- Encourages healthy hair growth
- Minimizes Breakage
- Strengthens Hair
credits: photo courteousy of www.fuckyeahcurlscurlscurls.tumblr.com