Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's Talk Hair: Essential Oils and HAIR GROWTH


Greetings Chicas/Chicos..ok, so finally a topic on hair growth. Specifically catered to Essential Oils and how they help our hair to grow strong, healthy and shiny. Now many of us know that Essential Oils have therapeutic properties that range from antibacterial to antiviral to antiseptic, but some of us had no idea that they aid in helping hair growth. I can say that from my personal experience, I have noticed a significant difference in how quickly my hair has grown, how strong my hair is, how shiny and thick it is and less shedding I have due to the addition of tons of Essential Oils added to my store bought conditioners to my homemade concoctions. Especially in the nape area..or as many of know it as, 'the kitchen'. I have never, since I have been relaxed had my nape area the same length as the rest of my hair and I could never understand why...now, no 'kitchen' and my nape area is the same length as the rest of my hair..yay!

Essential Oils can help with hair because some of these oils have the ability to lengthen the anagen phase. Well, what exactly is the anagen phase? The anagen phase is the stage of 'active hair growth'. Essential Oils also work to nourish the follicle and stimulate circulation, correct scalp issues and promote rapid hair cell renewal. So, of course, all these great things paired together helps our hair to grow healthy and strong.

Adding Essential Oils:
  • Shampoo/Conditioner: Add 2-3 drops of your favorite Essential Oil to 1 TBSP of shampoo or conditioner for an added treat.
  • Hot Oil Treat: Add 1-2 drops to 1/4 cup of warm Coconut and Grapeseed Oil for a hot oil treatment.
  • Scalp Massage: Add 5-10 drops of Essential Oil to 1/4 cup of Jojoba Oil for a wonderful scalp massage. Scalp massages are great for stimulating circulation which promotes hair growth. As an added bonus, it is a great stress relief.

Essential Oils Beneficial To Hair Growth:
  • Burdock Root Essential Oil
  • Rosemary Essential Oil
  • Clary Sage Essential Oil
  • Tea Tree Essential Oil
  • Basil Essential Oil
  • Peppermint Oil
  • Bay Leaf Essential Oil
  • Lavender Essential Oil

Where to buy Essential Oils: Local herb shop or health food store. www.rosemountainherbs.com

Happy Healthy Hair

credits: some info at www.themoptopmaven.com

4 comments:

  1. Peppermint oil is great for soooo many things. I use it especially when I get a headache..love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Destinee..me toooooo..thanks for the comment

    @ Carmen..I do love Peppermint Oil..I put it in my oil burner or in my mister with some sweet orange oil and it is heaven..thank you for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Website correction. It should be
    http://www.mountainroseherbs.com

    ReplyDelete