Hola Chicas/Chicos..have you had your Wheatgrass shot today? Ok, I know, I know, for those not familiar with Wheatgrass, you're probably asking, 'what is that green pukey looking concoction?' But trust me, it may not look the most appetizing, but it packs a POWERFUL punch of overall goodness. And..although it may look a bit unusual, the taste is not bad at all. One of the best things about Wheatgrass juice is that it is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream and gives you immediate energy. It's best to have freshly squeezed Wheatgrass over bottled juice, due to the juice loosing some of its benefits within the first 10 minutes of being juiced. So, here are the wonderful benefits of Wheatgrass..enjoy!
Benefits of Wheatgrass:
- Energizer: As I stated earlier, Wheatgrass is immediately absorbed into the bloodstream. Just 2 oz. of fresh juice equals 3 pounds of organic veggies in vitamins and minerals, or the equivalent of two cups of coffee, minus the caffeine. So all you need to feel amazing is 2 little ounces..I think you can handle that.
- Nutritious: Wheatgrass juice contains most of the vitamins and minerals needed for human maintenance. It's a whole meal and complete protein with about 30 enzymes ans approximately 70% crude chlorophyll. Wheatgrass is an excellent source of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulfur, cobalt and zinc.
- Body Builder: Chlorophyll is an important body builder and Wheatgrass contains 70% chlorophyll. Wheatgrass juice has been proven to build red blood cells quickly after ingestion. It normalizes high blood pressure and stimulates healthy tissue cell growth.
- Body Cleanser: The many detergent factors of wheatgrass juice will drain the lymph system, which carries away many toxins from body cells. When an imbalance exists--sore tendons and joints, degenerative disease, etc--there is a natural build-up of mucous in the lymph in that area. Wheatgrass juice will break down the mucous and allow it to drain. Wheatgrass is a powerful cleanser and may start an immediate reaction with toxins and mucus in the stomach and thus may cause nausea. Chlorophyll will bring toxins stored away in cells or fatty tissues into the bloodstream. Start with a 1-ounce serving and work up. Drink on an empty stomach. Keep refrigerated and drink the same day.
- Weight Control: The starch of the wheat berry is stored energy which when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. It is especially good for athletes because it is a juice and assimilated in 20 minutes. Wheatgrass picks up 92 of the 102 minerals in the soil and contains all vitamins science has isolated. Because one ounce of juice equals two pounds of produce nutritionally, it naturally shuts off the appestat in the brain. It helps in weight control. The nutritional value of wheatgrass Juice is so high that many people don't feel those "cravings" that lead to overeating.
- Body/Breathe Odor: Wheatgrass is effective in neutralizing odors in the mouth from food, beverages, tobacco, and metabolic changes (halitosis). It also effectively neutralized odors from perspiration due to physical exercise, nervousness, menstrual odors, etc.
- Sinuses: Chlorophyll packs inserted into the sinuses had a drying effect, clearing up congestion, and gave immediate relief. Congested head colds were cleared up within 24 hours. Regularly drinking Wheatgrass juice can help eliminate and fight off colds!
- Anemia: Benefits of the chlorophyll in Wheatgrass, aids in fighting blood sugar problems and anemia. It also neutralizes toxins and assists in purifying the liver.
There are so many documented benefits of Wheatgrass, all of which lead to improved health, strength and endurance. Many health food stores, such as Whole Foods, Green Life, EarthFare, Arden's Garden have readily available fresh Wheatgrass at their juice bar. If you prefer, you can invest in a Wheatgrass juicer and juice your own Wheatgrass..excellent idea. Some may cost around $180.00 or you can bargan shop on Amazon or Ebay....but it is a great investment to your health, and isn't it about time we invest in our health? Remember, all you need is 1-2 oz per day to benefit from this green goodness.
I must say that when I was consistently taking Wheatgrass shots, I experienced energy boosts (similar to an energy boost that cayenne pepper gives or 5 hr energy drink), calmer nerves, better sleep, less appetite cravings, and I was accomplishing more daily without feeling sluggish.
So..now that you've read on the benefits of Wheatgrass, have you had your shot today??