Greetings ladies and gents..I really want to share with you the excellent benefits of Grapeseed Oil. Since I've been on my journey to O'Natural, I have found it absolutely amazing how I can use many items to cook with, use for my skin and use in my hair regimen..(O)mazing! And cooking with Grapeseed Oil is wonderful. It is light and odorless, yet has a slight fruity taste to it. It is wonderful to use to cook at high temperatures because it does not burn. It's also wonderful for adding to a salad or as a marinade as an olive oil substitute. Try sauteing some peppers, onions and tomatoes using Grapeseed Oil, it is O'So Wonderful..my mom's favorite..So, let's get into the awesome benefits of this oil, not just for our internal health, but also for our hair and skin.
Grapeseed Oil..The INTERNAL Edition:
- Cancer Prevention: Regular intake of Grapeseed Oil, whether through cooking or taken as a capsule, may surpress the development of different types of cancers. It has been known to help with liver damage and other side effects caused by chemotherapy radiation.
- Diabetes: Due to its richness in linoleic acid, Grapeseed Extract has been known to help with diabetes and visual impairment in diabetes.
- High Blood Pressure: Known to improve damaged blood vessels and help regulate high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Grapeseed Oil has been known to improve the production of collagen which is important for maintaining healthy connective tissue in our joints. Its anti-inflammatory activity may also reduce the pain caused by arthritis.
- Asthma: Grapeseed Oil is used in homeopathic (natural medicine) treatment of asthma. The oil helps to reduce inflammation of the airways and the antioxidants help to inhibit mucus production in the lungs. Additionally, Grapeseed Oil can help to control the allergic reactions and triggers that may prompt an asthma attack since it is known to suppress the production of histamine which occurs during an allergy attack.
Grapeseed Oil:The SKIN Edition..
- Acne and Dermaitis: Ok, I cannot rave enough about the benefits that Grapeseed Oil has shown my skin. I incorporate it into my oil cleanser (see post on The Oil Cleansing Method), and because it is the lightest of the oils, I use it as my moisturizer. The lenoleic acid in the oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergen, acne reductive and moisture retentive properties. It also has natural astringent properties.
- Age Spots and Sunburn: The rich nutrients in Grapeseed Oil have been found to protect against UV radiation and have been known to lighten the effects of age spots and pigmented skin caused by ultra violet rays.
- Wrinkle and Stretch Marks: Grapeseed Oil has high levels of Vitamin E, so it aids in keeping the skin smooth and firm.
Grapeseed Oil: The HAIR Edition..
- Because Grapeseed Oil it is non greasy and its ability to be absorbed quickly, it is an extremely beneficial oil for the hair.
- Grapeseed Oil can be used for hot oil treatments. Since the oil, again, is light and quickly absorbed, heating Grapeseed Oil and applying it to the scalp and hair ends helps make the hair shiny, reducing brittleness.
- Dandruff problems as well as seborrheic dematitis can be reduced by using Grapeseed Oil regularly.
- Grapeseed Oil is beneficial and safe for all hair types, be it oily, normal or dry.
- Using Grapeseed Oil for hair growth is also recommended since Vitamin E and linoleic acid present in the oil helps to stregthen the hair.
- Regular deep conditioning with Grapeseed Oil will make hair long and lustrous. Here is a wonderful homemade deep conditioning treatment using Grapeseed Oil: Mix 4 TBSP of Grapeseed Oil, add 5 drops of an essential oil (tea tree, peppermint, lavender, lemon grass, etc), juice of half a lime, 2 egg yolks. Cover and leave on for a minimum of 30 min. Rinse well.
- Dry, rough and frizzy hair can benefit from the use of Grapeseed Oil as it smooths the hair cuticle, sealing in the moisture and making each hair strand stronger.
- Grapeseed oil is a wonderful carrier oil. When mixed with an essential oil like lavender or ylang ylang, it moisturizes and nourishes the hair making it soft and manageable.
Happy Healthy Hair