Hola Chicas/Chicos...let's talk about fighting those hyper-pigmented spots the O'Natural way. So you clear up those annoying acne pests and you're stuck with the backlash of dark spots or hyper-pigmentation. Instead of spending unnecessary money on high end skin creams that contain harmful chemicals (by the way, the acne skin care industry is a multi billion dollar business,which gives you a hint of how much is spent on people seeking a way to achieve clear skin) how about investing in something that will go a long way, that's all natural and you probably have a few of the items in your kitchen cabinet...how bout' that. Another wonderful benefit is that all natural skin care is great for those with sensitive skin. Many commercial products contain chemicals that can be harmful to sensitive skin, causing the skin to itch and burn. And many store bought blemish creams make the skin sensitive to sunlight which can cause it to burn easier.
O'Natural Spot Treatments:
- Tea Tree Oil, Lemongrass and Aloe Vera Gel or Leaf Juice: Take 1 TSP of Aloe Vera Gel, 3 drops of Tea Tree Oil, and 1 drop of Lemongrass oil. Mix well and apply to each spot/blemish. Allow the mixture to dry on your face. Apply toner and moisturizer as usual.
- Lime Juice and Rose Water: Mix equal parts of juice of a lime and rose water and apply to face. Leave mixture on for 30 minutes. Rinse
- Neem Powder and Lemon Juice: Mix 1 TSP of Neem Powder and enough lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply to each blemish/spot and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse . Tone. Moisturize.
- Honey and Cinnamon: Mix 2 TBSP of raw honey and 1 TSP of cinnamon and apply to each blemish/spot. Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Follow up with cool water. Tone. Moisturize.
The Benefits of the Ingredients:
- Tea Tree Oil: Has anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties which help to reduce inflammation caused by acne when applied topically.
- Aloe Vera: Decreases swelling and redness associated with breakouts, and also helps soothe and hydrate skin.
- Lemongrass: An anti-microbial and anti-bacterial herb. This means it will help limit bacterial or microbial growth on the skin.
- Lime juice: rejuvenates the skin, protects it from infections, keeps it shining. It also lightens dark spots on the skin.
- Rosewater: An antiseptic that contributes to the upkeep and preservation of skin. It also features antibacterial properties that are helpful in combating skin care problems.
- Neem: Antibacterial properties helps to alleviate issues with acne. Neem also has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it an ideal treatment for breakouts.
- Lemon Juice: Due to the acidic nature of lemon juice, it is effective for helping to lighten dark spots caused by acne.
- Honey: Acts as a natural anti-bacterial, clearing breakouts and killing the bacteria that cause them
- Cinnamon: Has strong antiseptic and astringent properties. Cinnamon is a wonderful natural alternative for spot treatments.
Happy Healthy Skin
credits: some info found at www.livestrong.com