Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So What's The Rave About: BENTONITE CLAY


Bentonite Clay...

Ok..I can't say enough about this magic clay! I absolutely love all of the uses and benefits that it offers; from hair to skin to internal health, it is absolutely O' MAZING. I'm finding that so many O'Naturals are falling more and more in love with this powdery goodness. Before I get into the uses, let me first key you in on the wonderful benefits of Bentonite Clay:

Benefits of Bentonite Clay:

  • As a detox aid Bentonite clay is valued for its ability to swell and absorb toxins from the body relieving symptoms associated with toxin build up.
  • Internal use of bentonite clay has also been used in treating ailments such as candida and yeast problems, gingivitis, parasitic infections and hay fever.
  • Bentonite Clay can be made into a back or compress and applied to the skin to soothe muscle damage, carpal tunnel, bruises, cuts and wounds.
  • Bentonite Clay packs can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis, rashes and other skin ailments.
  • Bentonite Clay detoxes the colon. It is considered one of the most effective natural intestinal detoxifying agents available.
  • Bentonite Clay is an excellent removal of product buildup from commercial and cosmetic chemicals.
  • Naturally nourishes the hair follicle, imparts sheen, and naturally enhances the curl pattern of hair.
  • Combats acne and restores skin.

Bentonite Clay and Hair:
Ok..I must say, I absolutely love Bentonite Clay treatments..they make my hair feel absolutely wonderful. So here are some wonderful ways to use Bentonite Clay when you want to remove product buildup, impart sheen and enhance curl pattern.
  • The treatment should be done on unwashed slightly damp hair. This is an alternative to using a clarifying shampoo, so use it as often as you like when you feel the need to remove any product, mineral or chemical buildup.
  • Mix Bentonite Clay, Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Juice or Gel and combine to a pudding like consistency in a non metal bowl and use a non metal utensil. (the amount varies per person depending on the thickness of your hair). I never measure, I just make enough for 1 application for my hair. For an aromatic experience, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender, peppermint, lemongrass, etc)
  • Be sure to add the mixture to your hair in sections, and thoroughly work it throughout the hair (from root to tip).
  • Let the mixture sit on the hair for 20-25 minutes making sure that the clay does not dry on the hair.
  • Thoroughly rinse the mixture out using cool water.
  • Be sure to follow up with a deep condition to restore moisture back into the hair.Rinse, rinse, and let your final rinse be using ACV and cool water. Use a leave in. Seal. Style..And Voila!
The Results: ( I went ahead and applied the clay for my mask as well)

Bentonite Clay and Skin:
  • The Bentonite Detox Mask: Mix 2 TBSP of Bentonite Clay to 4 TBSP of sour cream. Be sure to mix in a non metal bowl and use a non metal utensil.
  • Apply mixture to freshly washed face. Massage in for about 2-3 minutes.
  • Allow Mixture to dry thoroughly (about 20-25 min) then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
  • Follow up with a cool water rinse (to close pores)
  • Tone. Moisturize.
  • The Bentonite Clay removes toxins and excess oil from the skin. The Sour Cream helps to fade blemishes and acts as a low grade chemical peel.
  • Instead of the sour cream, you can use Apple Cider Vinegar.
  • Bentonite Clay makes a great body wrap, removing toxins from the entire body.
where to buy: Bentonite Clay can be purchased at your local health food store. Whole Foods, EarthFare, Green Life, Vitamin Shoppe

Happy Healing

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I may buy some and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gf has some and I never thought about it... but I really like muli-purpose products. I'm going to look into this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as in a Toner for your skin. I use Dr. Hauschka's Facial Toner that has Rose water in it. You can probably use just rose water or witch hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, MrsWardy88, Spicer K is exactly right, it means use a toner for your face, then moisturize. I use a homemade toner (see my post on Tone Up With a Natural Toner) using ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) and Green Tea..I love it..hope this helps..Thanks so much for your input, Spicer K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the Bentonite Clay treatment on my hair for the first time, and my hair felt super, duper soft!!!! I def. will be making it apart of my regimen...I really love your advice, and you're very inspirational. There are alot of natural ladies out there that have great advice to offer, but your hair advice has really been working for me personally, especially the youtube videos!...keep on passing on your knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is bentonite the same as rhassoul? Is it the same hair mixture?

    ReplyDelete