Hola Chicas/Chicos...I pray all is well.
So, I am SURE that most of you have heard or even used the infamous 'Tangle Teezer'. Well, I definitely have and I usually like to use a product for at least a couple of weeks before I try to give my personal review ofTa the product. So, here goes...the Tangle Teezer
The Tangle Teezer: What it Claims
- Tangle Teezer is excellent for detangling both wet and dry hair.
- Fantastic, painless detangling is achieved by using a firmer pressure. Remember: it’s like no other brush.
- Tangle Teezer gives a blissful, relaxing head massage even for the most sensitive scalps.
- Unlike conventional brushes and combs where you have to try and ease tangles out starting from the ends of the hair and working up towards the roots, Tangle Teezer can be used from roots to ends and mid-length to ends.
- Tangle Teezer is a brush sent from hair heaven when it comes to detangling their little darlings’ hair that loves to knot. Hair is calmed in minutes where out go the tears and in come the smiles!
- Tangle Teezer is a must-have for hair extension wearers. Tangle Teezer will simply glide though the hair from roots to end, passing painlessly over the bonds without pulling. For those with hair extensions you will find less hair is pulled out and your style will last longer and look better. After three months your hair extensions will continue to look like new rather than pieces of twisted and frayed rope!
- Gives superb results for the daily and on-going maintenance of wigs, wefts, weaves and clip in hair pieces. Tangle Teezer leaves them looking and feeling just like new.
- Excellent results are achieved on even the tightest curls and afro hair.
- Tangle Teezer minimises hair breakage, so over a period of time you will notice your hair feels thicker and looks healthier. A results driven brush, the minute you start using Tangle Teezer the sooner you are on the road to beautiful hair.
The Tangle Teezer..Directions For Use:
- Always place your Tangle Teezer with the pointing teeth up. This way you minimize damage to the teeth.
- Rinse your Tangle Teezer with warm water after using any kind of product.
- Dry at room temperature. Do not be tempted to speed dry by putting on a radiator or drying the teeth with your hair-dryer.
- Clean using a toothbrush by lightly brushing through the teeth with soapy water once a week. Rinse thoroughly.
The Tangle Teezer..My Personal Results:
- Ok, so yes, the Tangle Teezer toots its own horn..as it should! I absolutely LOVE this tool. I have been using it for about 3 months now and I have used it on different textures of hair ( I bought 2 so as not to share hair tools). I even did a natural hair demonstration using it for a cosmetology class. It is AMAZING! Before I purchased it, I saw a couple of reviews from a couple of naturals who stated that the Tangle Teezer caused split ends on them, or that it didn't detangle that well for them..I haven't seen that on me nor my children. It made detangling a breeze, do ya hear me!!
- When I first saw the Tangle Teezer I was like, hmmm ok so this is it, huh? Then I held it, and
due to the fact that I was used to holding a wide tooth comb, it was a tad bit awkward to use. But that feeling disappeared quickly. I love the way that it detangles..I do still begin detangling at the tips, but I have tried it from the roots, and yes, it does work great either way.
- It claims to work well for those who wear weaves, I can't speak on that as I haven't used it on anyone who wear weaves..but all I know is that it works great on my 4a/4b hair, as well as my children, one who has the same texture as me and one who has a finer texture 3a/3b.
- And yes!!! It does allow a closeness to the scalp, it detangles that well. It does feel like a mini scalp massage.
- My hair combing sessions with my children are a breeze. My 5 year old loves the tool..my 2 year old could care less.
- Ok, so if you follow me on Facebook, I put a pic showing my hair in ponytails. After I detangled with the Teezer, I was able to easily put my hair into 4 ponytails (see pic below)..it was too funny. But the tool does detangle well and stretches the hair. I don't hear any tearing or splitting or breaking or snapping of my hair..NONE! I still use the tool on wet hair that is slippery with conditioner.
- So, overall, I would say that it performs just as it claims..I Give It 4 stars. (Only because I have not used it in all scenarios: dry hair, weaves, wigs)
Happy Healthy Hair!!