Hola Chicas/Chicos..I pray all is well with everyone.
Ok, so it's time for another product review...And it's on an Ayurvedic product by Henna Sooq called Cocoveda..I picked up this product while in Atlanta at the World Natural Hair Show and I will fill you in on whether my hair (whose name is Beatrice) thought it was a hit or miss.
What is Cocoveda?
- It's an oil similar to Vatika Oil in that it has a coconut oil base and incorporates Indian Ayurvedic (plant based) beneficial herbs.
How To Use Cocoveda:
- Deep Conditioning: To do this, just apply onto your hair, in a quantity that is needed for your hair length, and rub thoroughly into your hair and scalp. This promotes further blood circulation. Put a shower cap over your hair, and leave on for about one hour. Rinse out when finished.
- Post Washing: Apply onto hair after washing. Rub the oil through the hair and massage into scalp to promote blood circulation.
What It Claims:
- Brings forth a natural shine and rejuvenates dry and damaged hair.
- Adds shine and bounce to your hair
- Streghten the hair shaft, reduce split ends and hair breakage.
- Coconut Oil: strengthens the hair shaft, reducing split ends, and hair breakage.
- Henna: this was added because the henna plant is known for strenghtening the hair,and conditioning it.
- Shikakai: we added this herb because it is known for promoting hair growth
- Neem: relives dry, itchy scalp. It is widely used in ayurvedic hair oils. It is used to treat the symptoms of scalp psoriasis. It gives you shiny, silky, stronger hair and encourages growth.
- Amla: this herb also is known for promoting hair growth, and thickening hair. It is also known to prevent premature greying
- Methi (fenugreek): known to reduce hair loss, and thinning. Treats dandruff.
- Bhringraj: we added this herb to improve the condition of the hair, quality of the hair color, and for healthy scalp and hair.
- Brahmi: used to improve hair growth, and is known to be a memory enhancer.
- Nagarmotha: it works on the hair root, and stimulates it. It is used to treat scalp disorders.
- Ginger: is considered one of the most powerful herbs in ayurveda. It has very potent stimulating properties, and increases blood circulation to your scalp will which result in faster growing hair.
- Hibiscus:a very popular addition to ayurvedic hair care, it contains an abundant amount of astringent properties that are ideal for oily hair. It also soothes eczema, and dry scalp conditions.
My personal Review:
Well, first, let me talk about the smell..It's definitely not overwhelming, but it smells very clean. It reminds me of the bubbles that I buy for my children with a hint of coconut oil..I'm not one who's into synthetic fragrances so this is great for me. Now, on to the results..I must say that I absolutely love it!!! I love the texture and consistency. I love the way that it made my hair feel after I used it with my conditioner. I would like to use it as my deep conditioner alone, but it's only 100 ml, which is not much for my thick hair, so I mixed it with my SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque. Being that I am a huge fan of Ayurvedic herbs, this is definitely a huge plus for me. I love love love the ingredients and the fact that it is 100% all natural, I'm like a kid in the candy store..I would highly recommend to incorporate this into your hair care regimen, which I have just begin doing. Because coconut oil works best on wet or damp hair, I have been using the oil for my scalp massages once I co wash or dampen my hair.
Have a Happy Henna Sooq Day!
where to buy: www.hennasooq.com