As of today, my twist out is 6 days old
Hola Chicas/Chicos..I pray all is well with everyone..
So, today I am going to quickly cover how I keep my hair moist, yet frizz free, during these hot and humid summer months.. I have been receiving a lot of emails in regards to my regimen and keeping these coils tight and controlled during this heat wave. So, for all that have inquired..thank you and I am happy to share what works for me. Now, I have oobbber thick and coarse hair, so results may vary..please keep that in mind, but if you use products that contain anti humectants, then you are definitely on a path to great 'frizz free' hair. And if you haven't already, please see my post on 'Humectants and Anti Humectants'.
My Hot Weather Regimen:
- I co-wash using my Natty Moist Conditioner (weekly). I actually have not co-washed since Saturday due to my extremely busy schedule, so I'm operating on a 6 day twist out as of today..the pic above was taken yesterday, so that's how my 5 day twist out is looking.I always do a final rinse using ACV rinse or I spray my hair after washing with my Natty ACV Hair and Scalp mist to help close the cuticle and minimize frizz.
- Style using either my Natty ACV Hair and Scalp Mist to dampen my hair or my Natty Moist as my deep conditioner and as my leave in and moisture styler...
- O'Natural Natty Butter..I love love love this product because it is an anti humectant, but the properties still allow moisture to penetrate my hair follicle without causing my hair to swell and frizz..So, I am getting my H2O and sealing it in at the same time.. So, bottom line, my hair is moisturized and the moisture doesn't escape.
- Retwist. I retwist every other night or every 2 nights in medium to large sized twists..I do this because I want a little fullness that I wouldn't necessarily achieve if I retwist every night..Because I try to moisturize my hair so well, I don't need to apply it every time I re twist. So, I may use my Natty Moist or ACV Mist and Natty Butter on day 3 of my twist out..I'm telling ya, this stuff packs a heck of a moisture punch.
- Protect: I protect my hair by either sleeping on a satin pillow or cover my head with a satin bonnet. But I ALWAYS protect my tresses at night.
- Take Down: I use a tiny tiny bit of my Natty Butter when I take down, and this is only if my hair feels as if it needs it or if I am going to be in the hot humid weather for a long period of time..Remember, it is an anti humectant. Learn to know your hair and when it needs moisture and when it doesn't because too much of the Natty Butter can cause greasiness...you don't want that.. You want moisture, not grease head!!
So, that's it guys, my regimen to combat this weather and stay frizz free, yet moisturized. No, you do not have to use the exact products that I use, just be sure to read your labels and look for the proper ingredients to combat the enemy of frizziness..I hope this helps and hit me on Facebook or leave a comment for any questions, comments or tips..But keep in mind, keep the hair moisturized moisturized moisturized in these hot summer months...
My Frizz Free Results (3-4 day old Twist Out)
Have a Happy Frizz Free Day!