Monday, March 31, 2014

USING HEAT..DAY 2 (SLEEPING AND WORKING OUT WITH STRAIGHT HAIR)


Greetings, Everyone!! Ok, so it's Day 2 and I wanted to stop in and note how I kept my hair in tact while sleeping and even working out. Again, I try to take note of the questions asked so I can be mindful of how I care for my hair in its straightened state and make mention. Keep in mind, everyone may experience different results and may use different methods, this is what is working for me and because of that, I'm excited to share. So, let's get to it!!

HOW I PROTECTED AT NIGHT

MOISTURIZING: To give my hair a dab of moisture, I separated my hair into two sections then I applied a little of my Natty Creme to each section. This was perfect because it had a nice blend of water, butters and oils. You can use a moisturizing cream of your choice



















Once I moisturized my hair, on one section at a time, I single twisted my hair and coiled into a bantu/bun. Then secured with a small goody band. I ended up with two Princess Laia buns.








I made sure to moisturize my edges











And my nape and voila!











Once my hair was moisturized and buns in place, I tied a 100% silk scarf around to secure everything. ( I purchased this from Marshalls a few years back. Be sure you use a good fabric, such as silk or satin.








I then placed my Charmeuse Satin Bonnet from EboniCurls and headed to bed. I must say, this bonnet is amazing for helping to keep moisture into the hair.










Working Out...So, because my hair is straightened, I still wanted to get my workout in and figured since my hair was nicely secured, I could simply remove the Ebonnet bonnet and workout with my hair still secure from the satin scarf. What I have found is when the hair is bonded together, it holds on to moisture better and it also helps to keep my hair in place after a workout. Spin Bike here I come!!



Voila!! After my workout and showering, I took my hair down once it was dry from the workout and steam from the shower and this is what I got. My hair was extremely soft, bouncy and had a hint of a body wave from being in the buns.I really didn't have to do much to it, but shake and go. If your hair is shorter, simply wrap the hair around your head and secure with a silk or satin scarf. What I found is that the tight bantu buns helped to keep my hair stretched as well. Hope this helps..Have a Happy Natty Day!




THE RESULTS




1 comment:

  1. Truly an incredible expansion. I have perused this magnificent post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assembleJogo para menina online
    free friv Games
    Games friv online

    ReplyDelete