Tuesday, March 25, 2014

KEEPING IT SIMPLE..OUR NATTY REGIMEN FOR OUR NATTY KIDS




Greetings, Everyone!! I pray all is well..Now, here is one question I receive lots lots lots of times over..'How do I care for my kiddies' tresses?' Now, I'm a firm believer in using natural healthy products with the understanding that ingredients can seep into our pores and into our blood system creating toxin buildup in our bodies that can create adverse effects sooner or later. With that being said, the use of healthy products are not all that's detailed in how I care for my kids' hair..oh, yea, we have 4 of the wittle waskally wascals. And with a busy life, I try not to spend loads of time on hair. With helping to retain length, I find that simplicity is best. Keep the scalp clean, no tight ponytails, no tension on the edges, keep the edges and ends moisturized and sealed, easy with the styling tools ( I mostly finger detangle). And, I keep a simple consistent regimen that is very similar to my own: Cleanse, Condition, Moisturize, Seal. Same exact products that I use are the exact same products used on all 4 of our kids and my hubby as well. Yea, they're gentle enough yet beast enough to do what they need to do from the youngest coily coil to the most mature mass of locs. So, with that said, here is how I maintain my little ones' hair.

THE PICTORIAL STEP BY STEP





STEP 1-2 DIVIDE, CONQUER AND CLEANSE

Place hair into 3, 4 or more sections to minimize the hair re-tangling and to lessen wash time. Working one section at a time, I apply a dime sized amount of the Dudu Osum shampoo and massage in focusing on her scalp to aid in removing product buildup, dirt and debris. The shampoo softens her hair allowing me to gently finger detangle. Rinse and repeat on the next section

STEP 3-4 DEEP CONDITION

Soak up the excess water with an old T-shirt which minimizes frizz and friction and apply our Natty Cupuacu (pronounced coo-poo-wah-soo)and Rhassoul Deep Conditioner. I work through and lightly finger comb through, working one section at a time. Repeat on each section and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes while enjoying bath time. Rinse and soak up excess water with old t-shirt.

STEP 5 PROTECT AND APPLY THE LEAVE IN

 I spray our Natty ACV Hair & Scalp Mist onto her hair and scalp helping to close her cuticle and keep her scalp protected from bacteria, fungi and other contaminants. Shampoos are formulated at higher pH levels in order to effectively cleanse the hair properly by lifting the cuticles. After cleansing, it is important to close the cuticle on the hair which help protect the hair follicle as well as minimize frizz and impart shine, this is where the Scalp Mist and Natty Moist come into play. I then add our Natty Moist leave in conditioner to her hair. and throughly finger it through.

STEP 6 SEAL/LOCK IN THE MOISTURE

 I Seal/Lock in the moisture by applying Natty Butter to my hand, rubbing it down and applying to her moisturized hair and style as desired. I normally place her hair in buns or simple twists or plaits as low manipulation styles.

STEP 7 ACCESSORIZE..SMOOCHES..ENJOY!

 Add accessories of your choice and kiss, kiss, kiss your little one and enjoy!

** For the scoop on how I refresh our little ones' hair, please click HERE

As always, I hope this helps..Have a Happy Natty Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Truly an incredible expansion. I have perused this magnificent post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assembleJogo para menina online
    free friv Games
    Games friv online

    ReplyDelete