Sunday, March 30, 2014

FROM KINKY COILY TO STRAIGHT..LIGHT FLAT IRONING MY NATURAL HAIR


Greetings, Everyone!!! I pray all is well with you and your wonderful household. 
Ahhh, the versatility of natural hair...Ok, so I decided to do a light blow out and flat iron on my tresses. Now, I've only used heat in my 4th month post BC and a little on my bang in 2012 as a demonstration on how to use heat properly on natural hair. For my complete post on the 'Do's and Don't s on Using Heat', click here . So, it's been quite awhile since the ole gal has had fire to the flame. 

I truly wanted to experiment with straight hair this week because as a page operator, I receive questions in regards to caring for natural hair while flat ironed or straightened. And, honestly, I love to speak by experience. So, this week, I want to document how I cared for my tresses while flat ironed: through workout, protecting at night, moisturizing, detangling, you know, the good stuff that helps keep our hair healthy. Now, I will say, I don't think excessive use of heat is a great go, simply because the more heat applied over and over gradually breaks down the protein bond in the hair and overtime, could potentially prevent the hair from reverting back to its normal curly, kinky or coily texture. Excessive heat use can also aid in dryness. So, with everything, I definitely encourage moderation. 

MY REGIMEN AND PRODUCTS USED ON DAY 1:







  • Twist: Once my hair was 70-80% dry, I placed in twists to prep for blow drying and flat ironing the next day.  I had 16 total twists. 

THE METHOD: DAY 2

On Hair that was completely dry, working one twist at a time, I untwist, dampen just a little using my Natty ACV Hair & Scalp Mist then applied my Natty Butter to lock in the moisture. This helped with retaining more moisture into my hair to avoid dryness. Using a paddle brush, I detangled and Blow dried on medium heat, low setting. Taking smaller sections, I applied a little Natty Butter as my heat protectant then I proceeded to flat iron on temp setting of 325. Hair will burn at a temp of 450 degrees and above, so please be mindful. And because I did not want to risk burning or damaging my hair, I kept the heat setting low for a light flat iron. This allowed my hair to maintain the fullness that I achieved. I repeated until my entire head was done. Took about 3.5 - 4 hours for the entire process (this included resting for 3 minutes..hey, I'm not used to taking this much time on my hair unless I'm mini twisting my hair, which takes a loooonnnngggg time). I also trimmed about 2.5 inches off of my hair to rid my hair of dead ends. I didn't shape my hair or anything, for some reason, my hair grows out in a shaped mode all on its own. 

THE RESULTS: I DO LOVE IT!!












15 comments:

  1. How did you manage your hair growth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, Rachel. Here is my regimen that I've followed throughout my journey: http://allthingsonatural.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-onatural-regimen-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove your blog! I have been following it for 2 years, this is one of my fav places for natural hair talk/care/advice. You're so beautiful and your hair is amaziing!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey. I can’t imagine such hairs can look so beautiful after doing iron. You know I have curly hairs too. I am going to buy flat iron tomorrow only so that I can make my hairs silky and beautiful like yours. Thanks for sharing your pic here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Name is Faith, and am really grateful and thankful for what Dr voodoo
      has done for me and my family. I Was having HIV/AIDS for good three years
      with no solution, the diseases almost took my life and cause I was unable
      to work and I was also loosing lots of money for medication, but one
      faithful day when I went online, I met lots of testimonies about this great
      man so I decided to give it a try and to God be the glory he did it. he
      cured me of my diseases and am so happy and so pleased to Write about him
      today. if you need his help of you also want to get cured just the way I
      got mine, add Dr voodoo on whatsApp: +2348140120719 or just contact Dr
      voodoo via email, voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly an incredible expansion. I have perused this magnificent post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assembleJogo para menina online
    free friv Games
    Games friv online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tourmaline has been around for a while now and is used quite extensively. Tourmaline is a crystal that has been found to emit 6 times more negative ions that ceramic. Therefore ceramic plates that are coated with tourmaline crystal are even better at locking in moisture. best hair straightener for fine hair

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless Dr.Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2017 and I was taking my medications, I wasn’t satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr.Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,EX_LOVER BACK and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr.Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:  drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com     whassApp him on +2348159042641

    ReplyDelete
  9. More hints a9k44s1t39 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags from turkey y0m72i5x67 replica bags qatar gucci replica n3h38l5i39 replica bags canada find this t2s70t2e91 replica bags replica bags turkey o4r38o1o07

    ReplyDelete
  10. go p1f23m6f06 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags bangkok v6t03r5t70 important link n0n83z7h70 Louis Vuitton replica Bags 9a replica bags replica bags from korea replica hermes bags t5f20m7t34 replica bags us

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beyond the grandeur of landscapes, the concept of "natural" extends to our daily lives keto acv gummies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Outdoor recreation and eco-tourism have gained momentum as people yearn to connect with natur https://healthfalls.com/keto-acv-gummies-the-ultimate-guide/

    ReplyDelete