Hola Chicas/Chicos...I pray all is well with everyone. Ok, so let's discuss and ingredient that you may have come across or at least have seen while stalking the ingredients of your products...Panthenol.. What in Natty World is that? Well, let's just find out, what's the rave about this awesome ingredient.
PANTHENOL...WHAT IS IT
- Panthenol or Pantothenic Acid is non toxic ingredient better known as Pro Vitamin B5. It is present in virtually all living cells and is crucial for metabolism, energy release, hormone secretion, fighting allergies, and for muscle and nerve maintenance. It is also important health, hair and skin appearance.
PANTHENOL..THE HAIR EDITION
- Strengthens and Repairs: Panthenol is a vital ingredient used in products for chemically treated hair. It strengthens the hair making it less prone to breakage. It is especially good for dry, chemically treated hair because it does function as a humectant.
- Moisturizes: Panthenol is known to penetrate the hair shaft as well as coating and binding to the hair follicle, softening and moisturizing the hair making it easier to comb through.
- Humectant: Panthenol is a wonderful aid that attracts water to itself. It also helps the hair to retain its moisture in the hair's cortex and on the surface. If you don't like the sticky feel of glycerin, Panthenol is a wonderful humectant ingredient that performs the same and better.
- Helps to reduce split ends.
- Thickens the hair strands.
- Enhances gloss, elasticity and body in the hair.
PANTHENOL..THE SKIN EDITION
- Strengthens: Panthenol is used to strengthen fingernails and smooth the skin by providing moisturizing benefits due to penetrating deep into the layers of the skin and helping to keep natural moisture there.
- Evens Skin Tone: Panthenol aids in evening skin tone by stimulating skin pigment formation.
- On the skin, Panthenol transforms into Pantothenic Acid as it is absorbed into the skin. This helps to minimize the damage caused by free radicals by exfoliating damaged cells.
- Eczema: Panthenol is known to relieve itching associated with eczema.
- Protection: Because it forms a barrier on the skin's surface, Panthenol helps protect against environmental damage.
- Eyelashes: Panthenol is known to coat lashes, keeping them moisturized and making them appear thicker.
- Burns, Cuts, Scrapes and Bruises: Panthenol is included in a number of products to treat burns, cuts, scrapes and minor wounds due to its antibacterial properties that are crucial to controlling the growth and spread of bacteria.
PANTHENOL..THE INTERNAL EDITION
- In Alternative Medicine..Pantothenic Acid is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis as well as for lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
- In Some Cases...Pantothenic Acid has been used to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides in diabetes, who can't take traditional cholesterol lowering drugs because they contain niacin, which can affect blood sugar levels. (Note..Please consult your physician before self diagnosing or self treating)