Hola Chicas/Chicos...I pray all is well with everyone.
Ok, let's talk, again, about the benefits of 'pre pooing' and my pre poo method. I'm quite sure that if you haven't heard, you will hear this term mentioned and some may think to themselves, 'what the heck is pre poo..Is that some sort of product???' Ok, so today I'm giving the scoop on what it is and how I do my..PRE POO.
PRE-POOing is a term used when describing a method of moisturizing and detangling the hair to prep it and minimize the harshness of shampooing the hair. By adding oils during your pre poo method, it helps prevent hair from swelling from absorbing water too quickly. It also helps the hair hold on to more conditioner once rinsing.
My UPDATED PRE POO METHOD..SUPER SIMPLE
- Divide and Conquer: I divide my hair into 6 sections.
- Mist and dampen:(optional) I dampen my hair using my Natty ACV Hair and Scalp Mist and massage it into my hair, particularly focusing on the scalp, to loosen the dirt and product buildup.
- Slip and Slide: I apply a generous amount of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (EVCO), My Natty Moist conditioner or I use Henna Sooq's Cocoveda Oil and rub throughout each section, making sure to apply from root to tip.
- Detangle the Mangle: Once the oil is applied, I finger detangle each section then place in smaller twisted sections, preparing for shampooing. This method also helps with removing shed hair that can otherwise become clogged in your drain.
- Hide and Seek: I cover my oiled twisted hair with a plastic cap for 30 minutes to allow the oil to settle in.
- Rinse: I rinse out the ACV Mist and Oil, while in the twists to avoid retangling.
- Shampoo: On damp hair, I apply the shampoo of my choice, usually: Terressentials Pure Earth Wash , Henna Sooq's Pure Carrot, Sweet Honey or Berhempsu Shampoo Bars , Dudu Osum's Shampoo or The Bentonite Clay Treatment. I do this cleansing method while in front of a mirror, while in twists, using my finger to gently focus on the scalp. Again, cleansing while the hair is in twists or plaits aids in preventing the hair from re tangling and conserve water.
- Rinse: I do my final rinsing in the shower. I gently untwist one twist at a time, allowing the stream of the shower to aid in further detangling (the weight of the water is wonderful for aiding in allowing easy detangling). Then retwist back up and move on to the next one.
- Deep Condition.
The Beauty of Pre Pooing: