Greetings, Everyone!! Hope all is well..
Hungry? How about some yummy healthy and hearty eats!!
Check out this recipe for some good eats for lunch or dinner. Hope you enjoy! Let me know what ya think
SWEET POTATO AND BLACK BEAN..BURGERS INGREDIENTS:
2 cans cannellini or black beans drained (we used black beans, but the cannellini beans are also delish)
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour (or, if you are like us, we used almond flour to make this gluten free)
I also added some julienned carrots (1 carrot) to the mixture, this is optional
**optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few dashes cayenne, black pepper, a dash of cumin and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
sea salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs ( I used Almond flour again instead of Panko which has wheat)
For the fixings: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns or Udis or Rudis gluten free buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
THE HOW TO:
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp sunflower oil or Grapeseed oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Almond flour. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less Almond flour or Panko.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lots of yummy toppings and a nice field green salad with cucumber, red onion, Alfalfa sprouts, tomato, feta cheese (optional), black olives and I added fresh garlic and toasted our bread, cut into squares and added to the salad for fresh crutons.