Sunday, February 9, 2014

DIY SUNDAY...LET'S MAKE A MENU!!


It's DIY SUNDAY!!
Let's make a Menu! 
Greetings, everyone!! I pray all is well in your creative household. There is nothing more helpful than a menu to help plan meals for the week. It helps grocery shop with a vision and lessens how much impulsive buys you make..It's also helpful after a busy day of work or duties to have a vision of what dinner will be. So, why not make something creative out of it, as I always feel when something looks nice, it makes it more fun to look at or engage in...What do you think? So, let's take a quick look at the how to of making a creative menu. And keep in mind, you may choose to use different materials. Here is my inspiration for this project..I thought this was Bang-Tastic!!




WHAT I USED: 


STEP 1: Gather some wood letters, paint and FREE paint stick stirrers. I got my letters from Walmart, but you can also find them at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. The paint stick stirrers I gathered from Lowes. And the circle wood discs I got from Walmart as part of a wooden car project. However, you can find these at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

STEP 2: I painted the paint stirrers and wood discs in a black chalkboard paint. Paint the wooden letters in your choice of colors.


PLACE YOUR MENU:

 STEP 3: Once everything was painted and drying, once the wooden discs were dry, I took some gold metallic paint and wrote the initials of the days of the week on the discs

STEP 4: I placed all painted items neatly on the fridge. I used adhesive dots to hold everything on the fridge. (You can find these at staples, walmart or many craft stores)

FINISHED LOOK:







1 comment: