Hola Chica/Chicos...I pray all is well with everyone!!
Well, let's talk eats...healthy eats, that is!! This yummy eat was hands down O'Mazing!! My hubby wanted something light and yummy for dinner and I was inspired to make this after seeing a yummy lentil wrap on HeyFranHey's facebook page. My yummy eats made from hummus, roasted red peppers, avocado...well, let's just get into the thick of it and check out the scoop on this great eat!!
- Wrap (there are all kinds: spinach, roasted tomato, plain, etc)
- Hummus (you can purchase from your local grocery or make your own..see how to below to make your own hummus)
- Roasted Bell Red peppers
- Red Onion (not as dominant as other onions, so it goes perfectly)
YUMMY INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WRAP
It's actually pretty simple, just pile your ingredients, beginning with your hummus, in the center of your wrap. Once ingredients are packed in the center, wrap your wrap (no pun intended), cut in half and serve with a fresh green leaf side salad or just enjoy solo!!
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS:
- 1/2 cup uncooked chick peas + 1 & 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- water to thin out, if needed
- Herbs & seasonings of choice, if desired
1. Rinse chickpeas in a small colander. In a medium-sized pot, add the chickpeas and 1 & 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover, simmering until the water is absorbed or about 10-13 minutes. Stir the chickpeas frequently to prevent them from sticking to the pot.
2. With the food processor running, drop in the clove of garlic to mince. Add the cooked chickpeas, along with the lemon juice, tahini, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add a touch of water if necessary to thin out.
3. Add salt to taste and other herbs and seasonings if desired.
** Who says healthy eats aren't YUMMY!!!
Until next time..A Bientot!!