Sunday, April 6, 2014

FAUX SCONCES USING PAPER TOWEL ROLLS




Greetings, Ladies and Gents!! I pray all is well..
Ok, here is an awesome DIY project that's under $8. My inspiration for these was my longing to have some wall art lighting, but to incorporate true sconces would entail electrical wiring and the Frugal Frieda in me put my mind into action as to how to achieve the look I wanted for little money. So, I finally thought of an awesome way to get what I wanted using basic items I had around the house. Stay tuned below for the details.

WHAT I USED:

 Paper Towel and Toilet Paper rolls. This will give the varying sizes I used to create the art.
I had these spray paint colors on hand and to achieve the metal look I wanted, I layered all three.
  • Blue Lagoon
  • Metallic Gold
  • Gloss Black


  • A hot glue gun will also be handy for securing the pieces.
  • To adhere the sconce to the wall, I used adhesive dots.



THE HOW TO:

  • I layered the colors first beginning with the base color of the Blue Lagoon, then the metallic gold, then the black to give it a rusted metal look.
  • Once the rolls are dry, I placed the rolls in the manner I wanted the design and used my hot glue gun to secure the pieces together. Be sure to layer your rolls at varying heights to create the layered look. I loved the finished look!! They actually turned out better than expected and look O'Mazing on the wall.. So, go, my fellow DIY artists, create beautiful art. 




THE FINISHED LOOK:







14 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! How did you hang them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, K!! I hung them using adhesive dots

      Delete
  2. Wow! So easy! Putting this in my Liked posts for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is a cool idea. You have a very creative mind sis. Keep sharing please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Check it out here:


    http://coconutcrush01.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/guess-who-just-got-their-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi,, i like to visit this site,, have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! your bedroom is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I discovered your this post while scanning for some related data on online journal search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.friv Games online 2020
    Jogos live
    friv game

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your man... that will trigger intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness for you buried inside his chest?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, worship and look after you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words That Fuel A Man's Love Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will make him work better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this dominant impulse is so essential to having the best possible relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his mind and soul to you in a way he never expressed before and he'll see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

    ReplyDelete