Greetings Chicas/Chicos..I pray all is well with everyone.
So, if you know me, you know that I love to eat. But, not just eat anything, but good food is such a pleasure that I take very seriously. One thing that my husband and I have come to understand, is how we appreciate being able to have a date night and enjoy a nice evening meal with a wonderful glass of wine. Of course, before our team of children we dined out quite often, so it wasn't as appreciated as it is now as we only enjoy date nights monthly, sometimes twice per month, definitely thanks to being close to my parents and my grandmother for support in watching our children.
Now, I must say, I recently moved back to Chattanooga in November of 2010 after being away for 12 years living in Atlanta, GA. And I am pleasantly amazed at all of the wonderful sights, restaurants, beauty and festivals that Chattanooga has to offer. It is definitely an amazingly beautiful place and has been voted as one of the top places to visit for tourists in the world.
So, here's the scoop on the Back Inn Cafe in the Bluff View District in Chattanooga, TN. Enjoy!!
- Located in a renovated Colonial Revival Mansion, Back Inn Café offers upscale global cuisine with an extensive wine list. The menu changes seasonally to provide our guests with fresh dishes and the latest innovations in fine cuisine. You may choose to sit in our peaceful library, one of two romantic sunrooms, or outside on the terrace overlooking the river. Reservations suggested but not required.
- New Special: Wine Wednesdays at Back Inn Café: every Wednesday from 5pm - 9pm you can get 1/2 price wine from our selected wine list, over 40 wines to choose from!
- "Our top pick for fine fare comes with scenery. Back Inn Cafe in the Bluff View Art District sits high above the river. But the view on the plate rivals." -Southern Living
- RESTAURANT WITH THE BEST VIEW :Chattanooga Times Free Press "Best of the Best" 2009
- MOST ROMANTIC RESTAURANT:CITYSCOPE "Reader's Choice" Dining Award 2009
- Offers a wonderful Gluten Free Menu
- Excellent wine selection
Our Dinner and Experience At Back Inn Cafe: The Appetizers
Pan Seared Sea Scallops w/ Char Corned Pico De Gallo, Sweet Corn Pomace and Lemon Emulsion
Rembrandt's Roasting Company Rubbed New York Strip
Shrimp and Grits
Creme Brule w/Fresh Berries
The Ambiance: The restaurant is in beautiful Bluff View Historic District and the decor gives you a feel of a wonderfully maintained elegant bed and breakfast with the hardwood floors, large moulding framing the windows, the cedar beamed ceilings. I loved the option to eat in or outside with the same view of the Tennessee River.
Our Review: The food was absolutely exquisite! The first bite of the scallops, the lobster bisque, both entrees and the desert was absolutely amazing! The seasonings were just right and I loved the actual crescent shape of the grit cakes with the shrimp and grit entree..Definitely an A in our books. The services spectacular! The Ambiance breathtaking! Overall, it was a very enjoyable experience..2 Happy Campers!
Remember, it is not only healthy for your relationship, it's O'Natural to take time away from your busy lives and enjoy the company of your loved one...So, where you going for Date Night!!