Hola Chicas/Chicsos..I pray all is well with everyone
Well, guys you asked for it..so here it is..(drumroll please)..My Current Hair Care Regimen
I am going to bullet this rascal so that it will be easy to follow, as I can get wordy sometimes...so here goes, I hope you guys enjoy!
Dominique's Weekly Regimen:
- Co Wash: Once per week or every 8-10 days..It just depends on how often I have worked out that week..gotta keep the scalp clean. I use my Natty Moist Conditioner Creme to co-wash ( click here ).. I co-wash my hair in sections so I can really focus on my scalp...check out my co-washing video here: (Co-Washing ). I use the balls of my fingers to really massage around and cleanse my scalp. My hair is usually loaded with conditioner so that I can finger detangle easily.
- After Workout Cleanse: Because I do incorporate an exercise regimen into my lifestyle, it's important to keep the scalp clean. For a quick rinse, I will place my hair in a tuant bun and allow the water from the shower to rinse my scalp..Or, I will do a simple astringent cleanse, which is where I apply pure lemon juice to a cotton ball and apply in sections to my scalp. (You can also use witch hazel and add tea tree oil).
- Rinse: I rinse, at first with warm water to open my pores. I do a final rinse using cool water and ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar). My ratio is 1 TSP of ACV to 1 cup of water. (I'm going to try the rainwater the next time..will let you guys know how it goes...soo excited)
- Air dry: I only use an old t-shirt or a microfiber towel to dry my hair since regular towels create friction, frizz and aids in dryness.
- Moisture: I leave some of the conditioner or add some of the conditioner that I co-washed with in my hair to provide needed moisture, avoiding my scalp area as to not clog my pores.
- Seal: I seal in my moisture using, my Natty Butter since it's packed with oils that I love.
- Style: I usually rock a protective style such as the two strands throughout the week. When I go out, I will rock a twist out or my natural fro. Because this style is so versatile, it is one of my favorite go to styles. I add a dime sized amount of my Natty Butter to each twist, that is damp (you can do the dry method as well, but be sure to apply water or a water based product first), and twist it up.
- Lessen Frizz: Whenever I take my twists down, I use a butter or oil to unravel my twists..My choice butter of choice is, of course, my Natty Butter.
Other Methods I Use:
- Scalp Massage: I incorporate a scalp massage almost daily. Scalp massages stimulate circulation, therefore promoting healthy hair growth. I take about a dime sized amount of Sesame Oil or Henna Sooq's Cocoveda oil to do my scalp massage...Lighter oils such as coconut, sesame or jojoba are best to use when applying to the scalp for massages.
- Pre-Poo: This is a method that is helpful in prepping the hair for shampooing by lessening the harshness of shampooing. By using an oil or conditioner on the hair prior to shampooing, it helps the hair with detangling and maintaining moisture. It also helps prevent the hair from absorbing too much water too quickly which can cause swelling in the hair.
- Terressentials or Bentonite Clay Treament: I use this as my all natural clarifying treatment if I have product buildup. The ingredients are Bentonite Clay (as much needed as you think will cover your head), Aloe Vera Gel, and Apple Cider Vinegar. Mix these ingredients until the consistency of cake batter. I do this treatment once per month. There is no need to shampoo, as this treatment serves as your cleanse. Always follow up with a deep conditioner. Or..If I do want to shampoo cleanse, I use Terressential's Pure Earth Wash or Dudu Osum's Black Soap Shampoo .
- Deep Condition: I use this method once per month. I apply my Natty Cupuacu and Rhassoul Deep Conditioner, I sit under my heat cap or now, my huetiful steamer for at least 20-30 minutes, or lately, I opt for no heat at all and just place a simple plastic cap over my head. If you have itchy scalp you can add peppermint and tea tree oil (only a few drops) to your mixture. If you have scalp issues, such as dandruff, dry scalp or psoriasis, adding oils like tea tree and neem are excellent.
- Hot Oil Treatment: I like these treatments about once per month. You can blend any oil mixture that you like. My current mixture is Grapeseed Oil, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint Oil and Lemongrass Oil. I apply my mixture and sit under my heat cap for 20 minutes. Shampoo, then condition.I choose to make my own, this way I can gage what goes into it..as many commercial hot oil treatments contain petroleum or mineral oil or other harsh additives.
- Trim: I trim my ends using shears that have only been used for trimming hair to trim my ends when needed. I put my hair in two strand twists and trim the dead ends away...snip, snip, snip.
Hope this helps guys..but please, find a regimen that works best for YOU..even if you choose to follow my regimen, tweek it to fit your needs..A bientot (see ya soon)!
MY RESULTS WITHIN 2 YEARS
Happy Healthy Hair!